These banana-chocolate chip mini muffins are a game changer for senior eating! Mini anything is always enticing but these muffins are made in a single bowl making caregiver clean-up a breeze. They are sure to win over everyone thanks to chocolate chips. Kids too! And with some sneaky ingredients for extra nutrition, what’s not to love? They are mini but mighty, which seems like an important details when it comes to muffins.
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- zest on 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix the mashed bananas, egg, yogurt sugar and oil.
- Throw in the flours and baking powder and mix until it's well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (I used mini chips however regular size will work just fine).
- Scoop batter into well greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15ish minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from a center muffin. (If using tradional sized muffin tins they will likely take longer to cook. Just keep a watchful eye while baking.)
Make and bake! And then tell me what you think, especially how many is too many, cause, ugh… I’m asking for a friend? Hehehehe…