Back to school means back to lunch but your sandwiches don’t have to be boring. Prep these two recipes and store them in the fridge for a quick fix on snoozy sandwich days. Below is a recipe for some quick pickled onions when you need a tasty crunch. The other is a turmeric-tahini dressing for days when your sandwich needs a little slather of extra flavor.
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a bowl then toss in the onions and give them a stir.
- That's it. Yep. You're done.
- You can transfer them into a jar or storage container for safe keeping. They should last a good long week in your fridge soaking away in their pickling liquid.
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 2-3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- pinch of cayenne
- ground pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Thin with more water if necessary
- Transfer to a storage container and keep in your fridge.
- Use as neccessary to doctor up boring sandwiches!
Both of these recipes will help you beat the lunch room blues. Don’t delay! Get these in your fridge ASAP!